Disregard all other banana bread recipes. This is the BEST one!
I’ve made this banana bread sooooo many times now. What I love about it is that it is so, so, so simple to make but it also tastes amazing. Basically this a no fail recipe that results in the most delicious banana bread every single time!
The only problem with making banana bread Is waiting for your bananas to ripen! Really ripe bananas is key to a delicious banana bread because they’re gooey-er & sweeter than unripened bananas so be patient!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 mashed ripe bananas (small-medium sized or 2 large ones)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup choc chips & a few more for the top (or a 90g or 100g block of dark chocolate broken into pieces)
- a handful of crushed nuts for the top (I used Brazil nuts - which btw are an excellent source of selenium which is required for efficient thyroid function 👍🏻)
- preheat your oven to 175C
- mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- pour into a large lined bread tin
- sprinkle over the extra choc chips & nuts
- bake for around 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean & you can’t resist the amazing smell coming from your oven a second longer!
- now...slicing banana bread whilst still warm means it’s more difficult to slice because it crumbles easier. BUT it’s at its pique deliciousness when straight from the oven & when the chocolate is still melted. It does slice much easier when cool though. Up to you!