Disregard all previous banana bread recipes. This is our BEST one!
This banana bread turned out perfectly. I mean, I'm by no means a chef so I'm not an expert...but I have made quite a few banana breads in my time (...but I mean, iso-banana bread...right?!?!). I also have taste buds & a palate & I love banana bread. My taste buds & experienced banana bread palate were telling me that this was IT!
- 2 cups spelt flour (use buckwheat for GF)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 mashed ripe bananas (small-medium sized or 2 large ones)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup choc chips & a few more for the top
- a handful of crushed nuts for the top (I used Brazil nuts - which btw are an excellent source of selenium which is required for efficient thyroid function 👍🏻)
- preheat your oven to 175C
- mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- pour into a large lined bread tin
- sprinkle over the extra choc chips & nuts
- bake for around 45-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean & you can’t resist the amazing smell coming from your oven a second longer!
- now...slicing banana bread whilst still warm means it’s more difficult to slice...BUT it’s at its pique deliciousness when straight from the oven. It does slice much easier when cool though. Up to you!