Change up your usual toast with this gluten free bread option. It has more like a cake texture which means it's really simple to make with no kneading or proving or taking loads of time.
I used buckwheat flour which, despite the name, is actually not related to what at all and is also gluten free. Buckwheat also contains a constituent called rutin which is incredibly good for our vascular system to keep our veins and blood circulation strong and healthy. For anyone out there with varicose veins or visible broken capillaries, rutin is a plant compound that you should be including into your diet.
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp whole linseeds (flax seeds)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 grated carrot
- A handful of seeds to top it with
- Preheat the oven to 175° C
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl & make a well in the middle, crack in the eggs & pour in the milk & olive oil, give them a little whisk with a fork then lightly mix to incorporate the rest of the ingredients
- When almost combined add in the grated carrot and fold through
- Pour into a lined bread tin & sprinkle the seeds over the top
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool to room temperature before slicing with a bread knife
- This bread can be frozen once sliced with baking paper between slices
- Toast in your toaster like regular bread and top avocado for a delicious lunch.