Change up your usual toast with this! It's not so much like a bread-y bread but more like a cake-y bread. That means it's really simple to make with no kneading or proving or loads of time.
Since we're changing up our bread I also used buckwheat flour here to widen our grain intake which means we're widening our nutrient intake too. Buckwheat, which is not related to wheat at all, also contains a constituent called rutin which is incredibly good for our vascular system to keep our veins and blood circulation strong and healthy. For anyone out there with varicose veins or visible broken capillaries rutin is a plant compound that you should be including into your diet. Here is an easy way to do that, make some of this delicious bread!
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp whole linseeds (flax seeds)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 grated carrot
- A handful of seeds to top it with
- Preheat the oven to 175° C
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl & make a well in the middle, crack in the eggs & pour in the milk & olive oil, give them a little whisk with a fork then lightly mix to incorporate the rest of the ingredients
- When almost combined add in the grated carrot and fold through
- Pour into a lined bread tin & sprinkle the seeds over the top
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on the size of your baking tray
- Allow to Cool to room temperature before slicing with a bread knife
- Use instead of regular bread.
This can be sliced then frozen too.