For those who are bad at breakfast...aka, my hubby! He doesn’t like porridge, overnight oats, cereal, eggs... If he has breakfast at home it’s toast with butter & an apple. I can’t handle it...it’s not nutritious enough! So being the good foodie wife that I am, I make muffins on the weekend & freeze them in pairs. Then...each morning he takes them to work with him & eats them there. It makes me feel much better knowing that he has a decent breakfast! I'm kicking wife goals with these!
These are like a bowl of muesli, without the bowl. Aaand...they won’t go soggy! They're packed with complex carbs, protein, healthy fats, fibre + stacks of vitamins & minerals! It's the perfect breakfast for anyone short of time!
If you do have time, serve in a bowl with yoghurt & berries.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 large mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- preheat your oven to 175C
- mix the dry ingredients
- mix the wet ingredients
- mix them together (add a little more milk if needed but the mix should be thicker than usual cake batter)
- sprinkle extra toppings on top
- spoon into a greased or lined muffin tin & bake for 15-18 minutes
I freeze these for the week & hubby takes 2 with him for breakfast.
To freeze, get 2 muffins & put the bottoms together, wrap them in baking paper & secure it with an elastic band.