The weather is warming up which means it's smoothie bowl season. This is the most wonderful time of year if you ask me!
I always like to add a type of vegetable to my smoothie bowls. We're aiming for more vegetable intake in a day than fruit intake so adding vegetables here helps to reach that goal. Zucchini, cauliflower, spinach and avocado are my faves to add in. Here I've used fresh cauliflower but you could also steam and freeze them.
In order to balance this as a meal we need a source of protein and a source of fat which will lower the GI and keep you fuller for longer. A great way to add fats is through avocado, nuts, seeds and coconut. To add protein I've been known to add tofu to a smoothie bowl but here I used vanilla protein powder.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- a splash of milk of choice
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blitz until smooth. The actual amount of milk you add will depend on your preferred consistency and how well your blender can blend!
- I've topped mine with Jordan's low sugar granola, coconut flakes, a few more fresh blueberries and a spoon of peanut butter.
- Take it outside and eat it in the sunshine!