Life saving because they're the ultimate grab-and-go breakfast or snack. They've saved my life quite a few times over the years. It had been a while since I'd made a chia pudding but they're back!
These have only 3 ingredients plus water. I like to add raspberries but FYI pomegranates go reeeaaally well with cha pudding too!
When you eat chia pudding try to chew them as well as you can.. That way you're releasing as much of the good fats from the little seeds as possible. The good fats in chia seeds are omega-3 which have anti-inflammatory actions on the body whilst also being great for your cardiovascular system. Chia seeds are also a great source of fibre and protein which all add up to a very healthy and filling little seed!
- 1 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4-1/3 cup water (depending on your preferred consistency)
- Optional - 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl & mix with a fork for a few minutes. The chia pudding will start to thicken as the chia seeds absorb the liquid
- Leave for a couple of minutes then mix again for a minute or so
- Portion into 3-4 little jars & place in the fridge for at least an hour to set
- Add fresh fruit to the top & you're good to go!