This is the world's easiest gingerbread recipe! There's no rolling out or cookie cutters required! These biccies are so quick and easy to make, you'll never need another gingerbread recipe. This is a great one for kids to help with too. Older kids could even make these by themselves. Oh and most importantly...they're so delicious!
These biccies are also gluten free and can easily be made vegan by swapping the honey for rice malt syrup. But be warned...they are moorish! I've heard that Santa really likes them too!
If you followed me last year then you may have seen this recipe already because I posted it about 3 times last year on my instagram account. No need to scroll back anymore...here it is on a website so you can easily find the recipe! Yay!!
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 175C
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Melt the wet ingredients together on low on the stove
- Mix them together to form a dough
- I use a tbsp measurement to scoop out 1 tbsp at a time then lightly roll them into a ball, place on a lined baking tray & flatten slightly with a fork to give that pattern you can see.
- bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or until they start to golden. They’ll be quite soft but will firm up a little bit as they cool.
- Option: Once cooled, dust with icing sugar to make them look extra christmasy!