My freezer is stuffed with frozen bananas so I had no choice but to bake with a couple of brown narnies that were sitting in my fruit bowl. My family was very pleased that I did!
Those bananas had a happy life in our fruit bowl hanging out with some passionfruit, apples and pears. But those bananas were celebrated with not just plain old chocolate chocolate but with double chocolate...chocolate flavoured plus chocolate chips!
1 1/2 cups wholegrain plain flour (spelt, buckwheat, rye, wholegrain..)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup choc chips + a few more for on top
2 ripe mashed bananas
3/4 cup milk of choice
- Preheat your oven to 175° C
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Lightly whisk together the wet ingredients in another bowl with a fork
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Spoon into a lined or greased muffin tin
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through