My freezer is stuffed with frozen bananas so I had no choice but to bake with a couple of brown narnies that were sitting in my fruit bowl. My family was very pleased that I did!
Those bananas had a happy life in our fruit bowl hanging out with passionfruit, apples, pears and for a short time with some mandarins too. In death, those 2 bananas were celebrated with not just plain old chocolate chocolate but with double chocolate...chocolate flavoured plus chocolate chips! What a lucky couple of bananas.
Have you got some bananas nearing the end of their life? You should celebrate them and give them a double chocolate afterlife too!
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup choc chips + a few more for on top
2 ripe mashed bananas
3/4 cup milk of choice
- Preheat your oven to 175° C
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Lightly whisk together the wet ingredients in another bowl with a fork
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Spoon into a lined or greased muffin tin
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through