I made these to celebrate going back to school...for my girls AND for me! We had them after dinner last night and I've frozen the rest for the girls' school lunch boxes this week.
Can you believe that with school holidays, Melbourne kids have spent more time at home this year than at school?? 2020 has been a weird, weird year indeed! Let's hope they can finish this year with no more interruptions (crossing fingers, toes & anything else I can cross!)
Back to the muffins.... These are allergy and school friendly. They're nut free, egg free, dairy free and gluten free. And and they're SO YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp flax (linseed) meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4-1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 175° C
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients with the apple cider vinegar last & mix until just combined
- Fold through the blueberries
- Spoon into a lined muffin tin
- I used a mini muffin tin with these so they only took around 12 minutes to cook. They'll need around 25 minutes for a full sized muffin tin
- Transfer to a cooling wire once cooked and enjoy!