Just as most of my recipes are created, this one happened when I had 2 really ripe bananas & a zucchini that needed using up. I added chocolate because they make everything better! They're totally optional but highly advisable.
I like to slightly undercooked mine so that it’s a little bit gooey. It's also much better to wait until it's cooled to slice it because it sets better but it's so delicious when it’s still warm & the chocolate is melted!
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g block of choc (or choc chips)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice (maybe a little bit more depending on the size of your bananas/zucchini)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Roughly chop up the chocolate into smallish chunks
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients (leave some of the choc to top it with)
- In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Pour into a lined or well greased loaf tin
- Sprinkle over the leftover chocolate
- Optional: Sprinkle over some roughly chopped almonds
- Bake for 40-50 mins
- Transfer to a cooling wire
- Leave the house in order to stop you from eating it all!