Donuts...OR...muffins or cake or just banana bread. Make this recipe work for you and what you want. I made donuts because this was a bit of snack prep for my girls' school lunchboxes & donuts are exciting to 6 and 8 year olds. Especially choc chip ones!
These are gluten free, egg free, nut free and vegan. And, as usual, they're dead simple and totally yummy! I used buckwheat flour here but you could use another plain flour; wholemeal, rye, spelt, oat.
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal (linseeds)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3/4-1 cup milk of choice (the actual amount will depend on the size of your bananas)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180° C
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl
- Mash your bananas then add them in followed by the milk (start with 3/4 & add more if needed), oil then finally the apple cider vinegar. The ACV reacts with the baking powder to make the donuts fluffy which is why it's best to add it last
- Mix until just combined
- Spoon into a greased donut tin. If there is leftover batter then you could do a second batch of donuts after the first batch is done or use the rest in mini muffin tins as they will take a similar time to cook
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until they begin to turn golden
- Take our & transfer to a cooling wire. These are so good eaten warm when the choc chips are still melted!