Soft & fudgy...essential qualities of a top shelf brownie! These chickpea brownies are both of those + delicious + dead easy to make + they’re good for your bod = WINNING!!
- 1 tin of well rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup rye flour (or spelt, whole grain, buckwheat, etc)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a handful of choc chips
- preheat your oven to 175C
- put all ingredients except the choc chips into a food processor & blitz until smooth
- remove the blade & stir through the choc chips with a spoon
- transfer to a large bread tin or small slice tin & spread out evenly. It’s a sticky mix so do the best you can! A wet spoon works well.
- bake for around 15-20 minutes - you still want them to be gooey!
- take out of the oven & leave in the tin to cool for around 20 minutes
- take out of the tin, slice & eat!