Growing up I called these pancakes but I guess they’re actually crepes. I learnt to make these with an egg, 1 cup of flour & 1 cup of milk. Then we always topped them with fresh lemon juice & sugar.
While I whipped these up Ivy made place cards...here's mine "Mummy" with a portrait of me too.
This is a slightly different crepe recipe with added banana to give them an extra hit of goodness & sweetness. We had them with yoghurt, berries, banana, honey & lemon thyme. They were soooo yuuummm!!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 & a bit cups of soy milk
- mix the dry ingredients
- mix the wet ingredients (start with 1 cup of milk)
- mix them together. Add a little more milk so that the batter is quite runny but still thick. I didn’t measure how much I put...maybe 1/4 cup, maybe 1/2 cup.
- heat a fry pan on the stove & melt a little olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- ladle in some batter then move the pan around to spread the batter around & keep the crepe thin
- once bubbles start to form on the top, flip it over to cook the other side
- repeat until all the batter is cooked. We made 10.
- Roll them up or eat them in a stack...you decide!