Avocado + Edamame = avomame!
Edamame are baby soy beans which means they're an excellent source of protein. You can buy them I the frozen section of more supermarkets and cook them as you would cook peas. You could also leave them out to let them defrost and use them straight from the packet.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup edamame
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Toast (preferably rye sourdough!)
- Additional toppings such as feta, chilli or my Crunchy Salad Topping
- Mash the avocado with the edamame, lemon juice, salt & pepper
- Top your toast with the mix & add on your additional delicious toppings