This is a great meal prep or a way to use up leftover roast sweet potato. It takes minutes to put together and tastes amazing!
This dressing is a new salad secret weapon of mine! I’d been using hummus as a salad dressing for years but it’s quite thick and doesn’t spread around to coat the salad very well. But I had the GENIUS idea to thin it out with lemon juice (which hummus usually has in it anyway) and a little water too. I also added more pepper because I love a peppery flavour. It works perfectly with this sweet potato bowl!
I used a purple skinned sweet potato here but you could use regular orange ones or, if you're able to get them where you are, purple ones!
- To prep this beforehand for 3 meals, roast 2-3 sweet potatoes (depending on their size): chop into cubes & roast in the oven on 180 degrees for around 30-40 minutes. This recipe is per bowl so triple for 3 meals.
- Roasted sweet potato - the actual amount depends on the size of the sweet potatoes. One day you'll get them from the store and they're a perfect lunch size, the next time you're there they're enormous! Use your judgement as to how much you need :)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 2 tbsp hummus
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- a splash of water
- fresh coriander leaves
- Assemble by adding your sweet potato to a bowl & heat in your microwave for 1-2 minutes
- Chop your avocado & capsicum into smallish cubes and add them on top of your sweet potato
- To make the dressing, add the hummus, lemon juice, water & pepper to a small bowl and mix well with a fork. Adjust with more water as needed.
- Drizzle over your salad then sprinkle over fresh coriander leaves.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!