This makes the perfect meal prepped lunch during winter. It's also dead-simple to make!
During winter our bodies slow down a little so salads like this made with cooked veggies are easier on the digestive system. Your body doesn't have to work as hard to break down the food. Plus if you heat this up it warms your body too.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2-3 potatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Butter beans
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Roughly chop the veggies into chunks & bake in the oven with a little olive oil, salt & pepper on 180C for 35-45 minutes. I separate the potatoes so that they didn’t get soft from the juices of the other veggies
- Chop the cucumber & cherry tomatoes
- Drain & rinse the butter beans
- Mix them together in a small bowl
- Mix the dressing in a small bowl or jar
- Add some veggies & salad to a bowl & pour over the dressing. I also added pepitas & chili flakes.