We've been having this salad with our dinner a lot lately. It honestly only takes a couple of minutes to throw together. All you need are 5 ingredients + salt & pepper.
Below is how we've been enjoying this lately...a plate with bits & pieces. It's been so warm in Melbourne that we don't want hot food. I change up the salads that we have each time. There's always free range salami or ham, either fresh bread or toasted bread from the freezer and some type of delicious cheese. I usually serve it all in the middle of the table & everyone helps themselves. This time I served it up because I wanted it to look pretty for a photo! #foodbloggermumlife This was Poppy's plate and it came back empty! The girls also took leftover lentil salad for their school lunches. YUM!
- 1 tin of lentils drained & rinsed well
- 30 grams crumbly feta (not Danish or goat's feta as they're too soft & don't keep their shape)
- A handful of fresh parsley & mint
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Add the lentils to a bowl
- Crumble over the feta
- Chop the herbs up small and add those in too
- In a small glass jar, add in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar with a pinch of salt & pepper then shake until mixed up
- Pour a little of the dressing over the lentil mix & mix well with a spoon. Keep the rest in the fridge & use on some salad greens tomorrow!
- Serve & enjoy!