This is not just a scrambled egg replacement... Sure, if you're egg intolerant or eat a plant based diet then this can be an egg replacement meal but if you do eat eggs, this is still a delicious meal for you to enjoy because it's healthy and so simple to make!
I don't usually like big breakfasts, I'd rather a smoothie or yoghurt, but I love this for lunch! It's really quick to make and you only need a few ingredients. You could also double or triple this recipe to make 2-3 meals as part of your meal prep.
- 100g firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 asparagus stalks (asparagus is an excellent source of prebiotic fibres!)
- 4 small mushrooms
- A big handful of spinach, kale or chard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper
- Chop the garlic, onion and asparagus into small pieces, slice the mushrooms & roughly chop the greens
- Heat a good glug of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the veggies & sauté until they begin to soften
- Crumble in the tofu, sprinkle over the spices & mix well
- Add a splash of water to help the spices to mix in & then allow it to evaporate out
- Continue to cook, stirring well, until the tofu has heated through
- I love mine with avocado, cherry tomatoes and cucumber like in the image. Yum!