New mums/mums with newborns are busy! They don't get a lot of time to eat and definitely don't have time to prep food. They need food that is easy to reach for whilst also being nourishing for their tired, milk producing bodies. New mums need bliss balls! They're easy to eat and they're so comforting! Comfort food is exactly what we feel like when we're sleep deprived and feeling out of it which is how new mums feel every single day. Trust me. I've been there. Twice!
These are high energy too so will keep mums going and also contain ingredients which are great for supporting milk production including oats, flax seeds (linseeds) and brewers yeast.
If you know a new mum make her some of these! If you are a new mum then forward this recipe to those family and friends who have asked how they can help!
Our Mama Chai tea is also a great way to help new mums to feel good! It's comforting, calming and uplifting plus it has the added benefits of supporting the body with breast milk production, digestion and circulation! Find Mama Chai here
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup brewers yeast
- 1 tbs flax meal
- 2 cups pitted dates (squishy ones...if they're a little dry then soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes first & drain them well)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Add the dry ingredients to a food processor and blitz until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add in the wet ingredients and blitz until it all comes together (add a little more oats if too wet or more peanut butter if too dry)
- I like to use a tablespoon measurement to scoop out the mix so that they're roughly the same size. You could also use an ice cream scoop. Roll into ball shapes then refrigerate to set.
- You could also roll each ball in coconut flakes or dip them in melted chocolate to make them extra special!