It's hot here in Melbourne so these Lemon Slushies are on high rotation in our house. My girls and I loooooove them! They're cooling and refreshing and so delicious!
I'm all for all foods in moderation but I just can't stand sugary drinks like soft drinks or pre-made slushies/slurpees. They always remind me of that glucose tolerance test that I had to have during pregnancy... So sweet and sickly! This hass a sharpness to it from the lemon which we love. Use a little less lemon or a little more maple syrup if you don't love lemon as much as we do.
All you need are 3 ingredients + water for this recipe. I also love adding ginger but you can leave that out if you prefer. If you have fresh mint you could also add a few leaves of that too for a minty twist.
- 1/2 lemon (skin & seeds removed - just keep the flesh. Using the flesh rather than just the juice adds some extra fibre into the slushie which helps to regulate your blood sugar levels from the maple syrup)
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup water or coconut water
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional - 1 slice fresh ginger (around 20 cent piece size)
- Add all ingredients to a blender & blitz until it becomes a slushie texture
- Pour into a glass & enjoy!