Have you made dairy free milk at home before? If you not, then you’ve got to try it! Homemade milks are delicious & so much better than store-bought ones.
I used to make almond milk & also hemp milk sometimes but I’d never tried cashew milk...until now. Holy moly...it’s amazing!! What I love most about it is that you don’t need to strain out the pulp like you do with some other nuts such as almond. Soaking the cashews makes them so soft that they mix together with the water to make a smooth & creamy milk. Keeping the whole cashew in there keeps all of the nutrition from the cashew too which includes essential fatty acids, protein & fibre as well as magnesium.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 medjool dates (seeds removed)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or essence
- 4 cups filtered water
- soak the cashews overnight
- the next day, strain & rinse them
- add the cashews to a high speed blender with the dates, vanilla & water
- store in a bottle jar in the fridge for around 3 days