I’d been meaning to make sushi bowls for a while and finally got around to it… I thought sushi bowls would be pretty yummy but believe me…it was amazing! I could probably eat sushi bowls every single day! My whole family loved this too.
You have to try this!!
It’s the seeweed flakes that make this so good! It’s really like a taking a bite of sushi!
Makes 4 sushi bowls
- 1 cup rice (I like brown basmati)
- 450g firm tofu
- Tamari - around 2-3 tbsp
- Lebanese cucumber
- 1 nori seaweed sheet
- Pickled ginger (you can find this near the dry sushi ingredients at a supermarket or health food store)
- Sesame seeds
- Add the rice with 2 cups of water to a pot with a lid, bring to a boil then turn the heat right down as low as it goes to simmer. The rice will take around 15 minutes to cook. Just leave it, it doesn’t need stiring. The rice is cooked when all of the water has been absorbed. Leave with the lid on until you’re ready to assemble you bowls
- Slice your tofu into cubes, put them in a bowl & pour over the tamari. Mix around so the tofu is coated. There doesn’t need to be a lot of excess liquid at the bottom. Cook in a pan with olive oil until the tofu becomes a little crispy
- Use a peeler to peel the whole carrot into ribbons
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and again to create quarters then sl