When it's summer and you don't want to slave over a hot stove, make Summer Pasta! All you need are a handful of ingredients and around 10 minutes...that's it!
I've been making this dish for years now. My family loves it! This is actually an old picture from July 2017 when we were staying with Craig's family in England!
- 250 g of your favourite pasta
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 -1 red, yellow or orange capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- Not pictured here but recommended is 1 tin of chickpeas or beans to increase the protein content
- Lemon or herb infused olive oil
- Boil a pot of water, add a good pinch of salt & add your pasta to cook
- Roughly chop the broccoli & asparagus. When the pasta is half cooked add them to the boiling water to cook with the pasta
- Roughly chop the capsicum & tomatoes
- When the pasta, broccoli & asparagus are cooked, drain them then add back to the pan (Don't drain them completely...leave them a little wet so that the pasta doesn't dry out too much)
- Add the capsicum & tomatoes then drizzle over the olive oil
- Serve with a pinch chilli