This is such yummy pasta dish and it's surprisingly simple. It's a throw it in the oven style dinner that takes barely any thought at all! Roasting the ingredients adds a caramelisation to them which creates the most amazing flavour. If you have fussy kids that won't eat the veggies like this, you could also blitz the veggies into a sauce then mix through the pasta.
This pasta dish goes perfectly with this Apple and Parmesan Side Salad which is also very easy to make!
- 750 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- a handful of fresh basil
- a handful of fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 500 g spaghetti (my favourite wholemeal spaghetti is from Barilla)
- Preheat your oven to 200° C
- Prick the cherry tomatoes with the spikes end of a knife (this stops them from exploding), roughly chop the capsicum, quarter the onion then chop the quarters in half again to make small wedges and roughly chop the garlic. Add all veggies to an oven tray
- Add a few of the fresh herbs, drizzle generously with olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Mix around so that everything is coated & bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until all veggies are softened. They don't need a lot of colour
- When the veggies are almost cooked put the pasta on to cook as per pasta instructions.
- Once out of the oven give the tomatoes a little squish to release the juice, drizzle over a little more olive oil. Roughly chop the rest of the herbs & sprinkle on top.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain the water out but not completely... Keeping a little water helps to stop the pasta from drying out and adds to the sauce. Put the pasta back into the pot then pour over the veggies with as much of the juice as you can get
- Mix & serve. I love serving this with my Apple & Parmesan Side Salad.