Take a little time to pre-bake a few sweet potatoes & chickpeas on Sunday and it'll take minutes to put together amazingly delicious and highly nutritious lunches on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday!
Baked sweet potato:
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- With a small sharp knife or a fork, prick a few holes in the sweet potatoes then transfer to a lined backing tray
- Depending on the size of your tatie, it might take 30-60 minutes to cook. In the case of smaller taties, bake them whole. And for larger ones, slice them in half & bake face down to cut down the cooking time. For 3 lunches you'll need 2-3 sweet potatoes depending on their size
- Drain & rinse a tin of chickpeas
- Pat dry with paper towel then transfer to a lined baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin, salt & pepper, mix to coat
- Bake for 20-30 minutes with your sweet potatoes
To assemble your Loaded Baked Sweet Potato:
- Heat your sweet potato if you've pre-baked it
- Slice in half
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Top with smashed avocado, baked chickpeas, chopped red capsicum and chives, spring onion or red onion.