This is one of our family's favourite dinners... There's no "I don't want this" or "I don't like this" It's a peaceful dinner. The kind that parents wish they had every night!
This is also one of my favourites because it's so easy to make too! It's a quick cook on the stove then put it tin the oven and that's basically it! Steam some green veggies to go with it and it's done!
This dish can be made with veggie or meat sausages so make it to suit your family's preferences.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups veggie stock
- 2 tins butter beans
- 6 baby potatoes
- 6-8 of your favourite sausages
NB: I use a pan that I can transfer into the oven but if you don't have one then cook the first part in a pot on the stove & transfer to an oven dish for the baking part
- Preheat the oven to 175° C
- Finely chop the onion and garlic (you can chop the onion into slices but I chop it fine so that my girls don't pick it out!) & sauté in a pan until translucent
- Add in the thyme, tomatoes & stock. Mix well & bring to a simmer
- While that simmers, drain & rinse the butter beans and add them in then slice the potatoes into quarters lengthways & add those in too. Mix well & simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow some of the stock to evaporate
- Place the sausages on top then transfer to the oven
- After around 15 minutes take it out of the oven and turn the sausages over
- After another 15 minutes do the same again
- It will take around 45-60 minutes to cook depending on the size of your pan/oven dish and also your sausages & potatoes
- Serve with your favourite steamed veggies. We always have ours with peas and broccolini.