This is a great throw-together dinner that you barely have to put any thought in to. We used veggie sausages here but you could use whatever sausages you like.
This is comfort food at it’s absolute best! It’s hearty & it’s full of nutrition to make your soul & your cells happy!
- a couple of sprigs of rosemary, leaves taken off the stalks, discard the stalks & roughly chop the leaves (thyme would also go great with this...if you don't have either, go for a walk around the block & you're to find a rosemary plant!)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tins of butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 6-8 veggie sausages
- preheat your oven to 200C
- lightly saute the rosemary, garlic & onion in a pot until translucent then add in the tomatoes & beans, cook lightly for around 5 minutes then transfer to a baking tray & spread out evenly
- place the sausages on top & bake in the oven
- after 15-20 minutes flip the sausages then put back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the sausages brown
- I served ours with homemade focaccia to mop up the sauce & peas to freshen it up. This would also go really well with mash OR cook some potatoes in the oven with the sausages (I just thought of that but I'm definitely trying it out next time!)